Just a quick listing of Quilting Resources, from Local, to Regional, to National!
(Slide-Show above: Photos from the Sea Island Quilters Nov. 19, 2009 meeting.)
Have a favorite Resouce not listed here? Email Us and Tell us about it so, it can be reviewed and included here!
Local Quilting Resources:
Sea Island Outreach Programs:
(in Alphabetical Order, then from Beaufort, to SC, to Regional, to National)
Fabric Shops and Supplies:
- Creative Stitches, 60-B Robert Smalls Pkwy, Beaufort, SC 29906; 843.524.1892
- Granny's Quilt Fabric and More, 1109-B Argent Blvd, Ridgeland, 29936 SC; 843.208.3111
- Sister's Sit N Sew: 55 Calhoun St, Bluffton, SC 29920; 843.706.6155
- Cross Stitch Junction: Is Closing. As of July 18, 2011, everything left in the store is 50% Off; 33 Office Park Road, Unit B, Hilton Head, SC 29928; 843.842.8878
Long Arm Quilting Services:
Regional & National Resources:
- Quilters of South Carolina - Sponsors a retreat called Pieceable Retreat each Fall, at the White Oak Conf. Center outside of Winnsboro, SC.
- National Quilting Association: promotes the art, craft, and legacy of quiltmaking, encouraging high standards through education, preservation, and philanthropic endeavors.
- All People Quilt: APQ Million Pillowcases Challenge
- American Quilter's Society - Quilt Shows, Workshops, Quilting Publications
Educational, Museums: (Alphabetical)
- International Quilt Study Center & Museum - University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska: quilt museum, academic programs and study resources.
- Penland School of Crafts - Penland, North Carolina: non-profit; supports individual and artistic growth through craft.
- Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum - Golden, Colorado: non-profit; to celebrate, educate and preserve the art and history of American quilts and quiltmaking.
- The National Quilt Museum - Paducah, Kentucky: non-profit; traditional and non-traditional quilt exhibits and quilt workshops.